Paragliding Map

Tuesday 12 October 2010

No Glider, No Weather, No Fun, No Fly!

Well when I say no Glider what I mean is that my New Hook 2 is still yet to arrive from the UK and I'm dubious as to whether it has even left Spain! Maybe I'm just paranoid but it's been like 6 weeks easy and I feel like I'll never get it.
As you've all probably read, Tim has his which arrived about a week ago and looks pretty sweet in it's lovely Orange (Wire) with red tips.  He is really quite impressed with its look as am I if I must comment.  I only hope that mine will arrive in equally good order.  I plan to take it straight down the club to spread it out for the first time and admire it's Green (Spring) colour before taking it to Curium for a couple of "first hops" type flights just to get a feel for it.  Then I'm off new places with Slovenia in Apr and then who knows where?
So all in all I am a little Green with envy of Tim at the moment and my only consolation is that Tim has yet to find a flyable work/weather window to test his beloved new wing! and that makes me happy!  So amazingly happy in fact that I'm actually feeling pleased that he is not enjoying it.  I know that's not a very kindly or friendly manner to carry myself in but I just can't help it!  He has his toy and I'm lacking in that department!
Well no you know why I haven't posted to this blog for a while I'll sign off!

I'm hoping to fly on Thursday and I'm hoping it'll be at Avdellaro with friends as this hill seems to be the where the wind is blowing.

See you later!

No comments:

Followers