Paragliding Map

Friday 7 May 2010

New Beginnings

Well after quite a long absence from this Blog I have decided to resurrect it!  I've been having a few flights from Curium since moving to Cyprus late last year and thought I might as well chat about them!
The Curium Soaring Club based at Akrotiri, has a policy that all new pilots should attain at least 10 hours of flying, in varying conditions on Curium before they venture inland to the more thermic sites such as Stavrovouni and Dora.  This, I have been working toward and am glad to announce that I have now gained my 10 hours but have yet to fly any of the inland sites.

Well I'd like to show you photo's of my earlier flights here but alas I have misplaced them, I suspect they'll be on my other machine (I really must sort out the lan connection) anyway you can link to some of them Here as long as you're on facebook.

Well this year in Cyprus has been so far quite bitty and unpredictable as far as the weather goes.  The wind has been predominantly from the West and this is bad news for Curium which takes a more Southerly wind.  This has made for some interesting and sometimes surprising flying conditions.  According to other pilots on the island this year is the worst they've had in the last 5 years.  I can only hope it gets better as my obsession with the sport is growing and due to work and the continuing bad weather I haven't enough time to get to the hill when it's 'on'.

Anyway here are a few pics of me on my last flight.
I've got to work on my pose! 

No comments:

Followers