Paragliding Map

Saturday 8 May 2010

Snatched flight!

Today was a mixed bag of conditions, Bitu and I had a look at Avdellaro in the late morning but after a very snaggy and messed up launch we decided that it would probably be better at Curium so we left Bitu's car at the cafe and drove on down.
When we got to Curium Dave had just landed after a short flight and told us that it was better than it had been earlier in the day but it was still a bit bumpy and we would have to work for it if we were going to stay up.  Eddie had just arrived and began setting up his hang glider and a few minutes later Tim arrived from the beech where he'd been since his earlier short flight.
Well the hill looked as though it could be picking up and Tim & Carlos set up and launched one at a time and were met with varying degrees of lift and all landed at the bottom after bumpy flights.
I launched and managed to get some lift early on, enough to get quite high over the top ruins and stay up.  Bitu and then Dave took off and we all flew about quite happily.  I think that we launched just as the hill had come on and managed to snatch the few precious minutes that Curium was willing to give today.  I managed to squeeze 38 minutes out of my first flight! which can be viewed on Leonardo (Here).  I didn't feel comfortable enough to snap any pics today as it required all my attention just to stay aloft.  still I have a couple of snaps kindly supplied by Tim and Lou who had sat on the beech whilst I was flying.  Cheers guys.

No comments:

Followers